Ezine

Friday, November 15, 2019

Transition

Currently, I am going through a phase of transition. I have to move from familiar surroundings and move to unsure, untried terra firma. I wonder whether I should write a poem about my current state-of-mind or just write a post. I settled for the latter. The feelings that I am undergoing cannot be described in a word or sentence. Is it turmoil or my why me attitude? I wonder at the unfairness of my situation. Why do I have to undergo an upheaval every time? Don't I deserve to settle down?
I wonder if complacency has undertaken me. Have I stopped challenging myself? Do I deserve better?
All these thoughts trouble my mind but I realize that life goes on and change is the only constant in life. May be my writing skills need to be put to a test. I need to explore my horizons. The new role that I will be assuming will challenge me. I may succeed or not. But, I will not give up without trying.
The present world is the world of Google and Wikipedia. Where all information is available by typing in a search word. I too can learn and know. I too can face challenges. I will not be complacent and rest with my knowledge gained at school and college. I will learn new things and keep abreast with the changing times. I will adopt a new role, don a new mantle and move on to new paths.
My life has been full of challenges and a new challenge does not deter me. I accept it and decide to march on with all my strength. The familiar lines of the American Poet Robert Frost ring in my ears.
"And miles to go before I sleep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment