Ezine

Friday, March 12, 2010

Expressing one’s thoughts

Today somebody wrote to me, and asked, for how long I had been freelancing. While the answer to that may not provide an answer to how long I have been writing, because I might have started off as a freelancer just recently but I began writing long ago.

 

For people who completed their education some 20 years ago, writing meant writing exceptionally well. Unless one expressed one’s thoughts like the great literary masters and used ostentatious language with difficult words, one dare not think of writing.

I recall I wrote a short story after my 12 std exam, but I tore the paper after I finished the story as I thought it wouldn’t be approved by anybody, as the language I had used was far from what is considered perfect English. It was more my emotional outburst.

I often used to write down things I couldn’t verbally express as I felt that way I could let out my feelings. I later wrote another story and also used to pen down everything that bothered me.

I would also form short poems and then tear of the book or diary. So I feel for people like me, the online medium is a blessing. Every time something bothers me I come here and rave and rant :) I’m not bothered if somebody reads or not. At least I have expressed my thoughts.

For people who do not like the new medium where everybody expresses their thoughts  I don’t have much to say, but for people who want to express themselves I would say, use this medium, it helps in venting out your thoughts.

Use it like your easel and paint with your words and surely you will find some takers.

No comments:

Post a Comment