Ezine

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Book Reading

Of late I have picked up my old hobby of reading books. I have again become a voracious reader. Reading books of all genres. Recently, I read Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi, the Booker prize winner for this year. It is the story of three sisters, their lives, parents, children, husbands and the response of each one to life and its circumstances.
A deep insight into life in Oman in the twentieth and the twenty-first century, the book describes a culture that is far different from my own. Yet, I am able to identify with the characters.
Another interesting book that I read this year was My sister the serial killer. The story of two sisters in modern-day Nigeria, the book describes the story of two sisters who share a relationship with mixed feelings. While they support one another, there is a critical note when the older sister describes her younger sister. The younger sister has a strange streak in her character; she has killed all her ex-boyfriends. The book is definitely worth a read.
I have read thirteen books in all this year till the month of August 2019. They range from YA fiction to classic detective tale to shoot the president of France in the 1960s.
I can safely say that though myriad impressions have fashioned my personality, reading of books has given expression to my thoughts. My ability to vocalize my inner self is an outcome of the books that I have read in my life.
I had taken a challenge on Goodreads to finish twelve books by the end of 2019. I have exceeded my challenge and completed thirteen books already. I am looking forward to reading many more books and hope to finish twenty by the end of this year.
Please suggest any interesting books that you have read that you want me to read. Please leave comments and name your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment