Ezine

Monday, July 2, 2018

Happenings

I haven't written anything this year and already 6 months have passed. A lot has happened in my life like I went to Singapore and Bali in March 2018. It was a fantastic trip. I experienced different cultures and came across Hindus who were so different from us, though they worshipped the same Gods.
The trip was full of adventures. We almost lost our passports but luckily we didn't lose them. We thanked God for places like Kailash Parbat, an Indian chain of restaurants that caters to Indian vegetarians. When vegetarian food was scarce this place was our respite. I realized how difficult it is to travel the world as vegetarians. I wondered how we would survive in places like China and Japan? Maybe my friends Manisha Kundu Nagata and Kumar Sharma could shed some light. Because they live in these countries and Kumar is even a vegetarian.
At home, I spend my time looking for jobs as I have lost my job and new jobs are hard to come by. Life is racing at full speed and as I look back I realize I have indeed come a long way. It has been eight years since my father passed away and also since I moved to Mumbai. I was greeted with open arms when I came to Mumbai and I was getting jobs at every place I walked into. But now the field is dry and jobs are hard to come by. Life is at crossroads where I have to take a turn and move on. I have to learn to flow with the tide. With these thoughts raging in my head I rest my pen for the time being. More musings later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment